Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Alright Ms. Martha! Let the people know!

This little story made me smile this morning so I want to give a little honor to Ms. Martha Stewart. :) I know some people are like, really Norika? lol Bare with me but you can learn a little something from Ms. Martha, who at 71 has a dating profile on Match.com.  For those that didn't see Extra, Martha Stewart launched a dating profile on Match.com and spoke about it on a talk show.  It's creating a buzz because well, I mean, she's 71.....lol Initially, I'm sure that's what everyone was thinking because that's what I was thinking.....initially. I didn't even realize she was 71 but given her past I was like Martha; go somewhere, sit down and spend your money, sweetie.  It's ok. You went to jail, and you CAME BACK, you made your mark, fade to black. lol

Then I quickly realized that Martha had a plan.  So many of us lack that....a plan. It occurred to me that Martha probably had thoughts about her age as well but she didn't let that discourage her.  In addition to that, Martha already knew the odds.  They are not in her favor when it comes to finding love. In fact at the end of the segment the host says, "For every 100 single women in America, there are only 89 single men."  I don't believe that even accounted for someone Martha's age but Martha did her homework!! What I want you to hear is...

DON'T SUCCUMB TO THE CHALLENGE, MAKE A PLAN, AND PLOW THROUGH!!!

Martha just told the world, I'm 71 and I'm gettin' one of the 89, now deal wit me! You just can't be mad at that. I'm all for her, go ahead Ms. Martha!

Now in all seriousness, let me go ahead and ruin your day by throwing some realness out there. Even with those odds, Martha is still more likely to find love than a black woman.  I know that's tough to swallow but I'm not gonna just leave that lump in your throat, you can do what Martha did.  There's hope. 

First of all, accept the odds. Martha did. She just didn't let it knock her out of the running.  She can't change the odds however by going public she just opened up her dating pool to the WORLD!

Am I telling you to run and plaster your face all over the internet on every dating website? NO!! I'm merely suggesting that there is more than one way to skin a cat.  Make a plan, think about what your options are.  If your looking for love, are you doing anything to increase the chances that you will attract the man you want? If you said, "Well, I'm waiting for God to send me my man." You probably don't even know what to ask God to send you....I'm tired of you too.  I'll save that for later. But I'll say this, instead of saying God send me a man, say God help me be who you want me to be so I'll be ready for the one you created for me, IF that is your will.  Face it, everyone is not destined to be married. 

At the end of the day Martha may not find a mate no matter how many responses she gets but at the very least, she will get some responses, meet some good people, have a few laughs, and come away with some good stories to tell...all at 71.

So if your single and you think you can compete with Martha I say step your game up and get out there.  If you keep ending up in bad relationships maybe you need to take a time out and figure out what's really going on.  It can save you some time, energy and emotion.

Pursue YOU, not a RELATIONSHIP! CHANCES ARE, WHEN YOU FIND YOU, SO WILL YOUR MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment