Tuesday, May 7, 2013

He's Cheating + Your still there = DUMB!!

Ok, I know that was harsh but no woman deserves to be cheated or mistreated and I can't for the life of me figure out why people stay. If you can shed some light on it, hit me at norikajackson@gmail.com. Your responses will be confidential.

I get so upset about this and I don't know why because, to my knowledge, I've never been cheated on. I'm outraged though, at those who cheat so boldly and continue to have someone at home waiting for them.  If that someone is you, I encourage you to rethink the situation and make some hard decisions.

I couldn't imagine a scenario where my boyfriend/husband's sidepiece is calling me at work, or he's not coming home until late or sometimes not at all for days at a time, or spending money I KNOW he does NOT have on another chick.  I could go on and on with the things I've heard but you get the picture. 

My question is, once you have forgiven him and stayed and maybe come to a resolution, what have you gained? You've been humiliated and degraded and stepped on and if you have children...Lord help them. 

If you feel your unable to leave then seek the counsel of a professional to identify those barriers and come up with a plan. Please stop getting jerked around. Put your foot down.  Make your REQUIREMENTS for staying in the relationship known and if he doesn't try to meet them then KEEP IT MOVING!

Many of us stay in messed up situations because that's all we know. Do yourself a favor and learn something new.  I know your just as tired of your cheating man as I am.  Do something about it. Now some fellow Christians may be upset at what I'm about to say but its how I feel.  I would never counsel someone to stay in a broken relationship, especially where they are in harms way and pray about it.  I would tell you to pray about it however I believe that can be done while the couple is separated.  This is so both parties can clear their minds and focus on the task at hand IF that's the desire of BOTH parties.

Again ladies you can't fix the relationship by yourself.  So while your getting counseling and praying and trying to still be a good wife or girlfriend, your man is still out foolin' around and not taking anything seriously.  Keep in mind you can't speed up maturity.  And you can't make a man be a man before he's ready. BUT you CAN help the process. How, you say?

By holding yourself in high-esteem and not taking nothin' off nobody!!  Men always want what they can't have. Let them know they can't have you unless they meet some requirements.  A man will always do his very best to make his woman know that he is in love and if he's not he's slippin'. 

NO MAN ON EARTH, is worth sustaining lifelong mental, physical and emotional scars.  God would not want that for you, you shouldn't want that for yourself.  Put you first and let your man see, 'I love you, but I love me more.'

1 comment:

  1. My friend and I were talking about this today. Her pastor advised women to set a standard and stick to it.

    Glad you're giving the world your POV! Keep it up!

    whatsablackgirltodo.com

    ReplyDelete